Applications are submitted to The University of Alabama Graduate School. The Institute for Interactive Technology has specific steps and procedures for initiating and completing an application for consideration for admission in the Interactive Technology area of study within the General HES Degree.
On your application form, indicate the following:
- MAJOR: General Human Environmental Sciences
- SPECIALIZATION: Interactive Technology
- CAMPUS: Distance Learning
SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE IT AREA OF STUDY
- Letters of Recommendation for IT Area of Study:
Three letters of recommendation reflecting the categories below are required. The candidate should be prepared with the references' name, title, organization, and email addresses when completing the online application. The references will receive an email invitation sent automatically as part of the electronic application process.
- References should be selected in these three categories:
- Scholarship - One of the letters should come from an academic reference in the form of a former professor or someone who can speak to the candidates ability to perform in an academic environment. This reference should provide information about the candidates writing ability and their perception of the candidates aptitude as a scholar.
- Goals - One letter of reference should come from someone in the candidates current profession who can speak to the candidates leadership potential and how the candidate approaches professional goals.
- Community - This reference should come from someone who knows the candidate well in a professional context and/or a personnel relationship who can speak to the candidates teamwork and collaborative spirit and skills.
- Resume - Candidates should prepare a resume for review by the committee. The first section should be a goals statement indicating specifically why the candidate wishes to be considered for this degree and how the candidate anticipates using it in one or more specific career fields. The balance of the resume should include the usual information on current and past positions, responsibilities, and academic background. No references need to be included in this document. Candidates will upload this document as a PDF.
- Statement of Purpose - Candidates are required to submit a statement of purpose as part of the application process for the Graduate School. This document should also be considered a writing sample; the admissions committee in Interactive Technology will review this document for content and also a demonstration of writing ability.
The admissions committee will meet at various intervals to review completed applicant files. The candidate will be notified as to the final admission decision by the Graduate School.
Go to Application Process